My good friend Vicki Bohling was in town visiting and we decided to try a new Mexican restaurant. We went to El Muchacho Alegre. (The fast friend/guy??)
This was a very suburban Mexican restaurant attached to a strip mall in a residential area. It was pretty big and it was busy. I know Taco Tuesday is a thing, but this place was packed on a Tuesday night. I took that as a good sign.
Mike and Vicki started with drinks (marg and beer). I had a bit of an upset tummy, so I had water.
Vicki and I both ordered el diablo camarones (spicy shrimp). It is what I ALWAYS get at El Maguey in O'Fallon. This version was different, not as spicy and I didn't love it.
Mike got a couple beef enchiladas and a taco. He said they were fine.
This was an OK place. Nothing great, nothing horrible except that they played background music that was the same maracas over and over and over. My hearing is bad enough that I didn't really notice, but it was driving Vicki insane!!
Sorry, I forgot to take photos.
No comments:
Post a Comment